I have completely fallen in love. What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you think about coconut oil? Could it be the sounds of soothing music playing while receiving a hot oil massage at the local day spa? Although this could be one of the things that crosses your mind, it’s not all coconut oil is used for. I realize that coconut oil is not an alternative to all things, but I do hope that you will find something helpful while reading.
Uses for Coconut Oil
Personal Hygiene & Body
1. Use it for oil pulling (learn about oil pulling here).
2. Use as a makeup remover.
3. Use on the delicate tissue around your eyes to help prevent wrinkles and sagging.
4. Use in place of massage oil.
5. Use on your baby’s diaper rash or cradle cap.
6. Use to help reduce visibility of stretch marks or to prevent stretch marks.
7. Use to help detox the body during a cleanse or fast.
8. Use on cracked or rough heals to help smooth them out.
9. Massage into your nails and cuticles to help strengthen them.
11. Use as body scrub by mixing coconut oil and sugar together
12. Relieves skin problems such as eczema and dermatitis
General Health & Wellness Body
13. Use it to help sooth chicken pox, shingles, or other rashes or skin irritations.
14. Take a spoonful with your vitamins to help improve absorption.
15. Spread a thin layer on cuts or burns to speed up healing.
16. Eat a spoonful with each meal to improve digestion.
17. Take to help reduce or eliminate migraines.
18. Take a spoonful to help with heartburn, acid reflux, or indigestion.
19. Take a couple spoonfuls every day to help overall immune function.
20. Stimulates your metabolism, improves thyroid function and escalate energy levels.
21. Helps prevent nose bleeding (coat the inside of your nose to strengthen and protects the capillaries in the nasal passages.)
22. Hot flashes
23. Head lice
24. Migraines (with regular use.)
26. Stronger immune system
28. Athletes foot
29. Back pain/sore muscles
30. Herpes (applied topically and taken internally)
31. Genital warts (topical application over 6 weeks, twice a day depending on the location of the warts.)