Seriously who doesn’t love that song?
Officially summer is almost over, and the fall term will be starting in 26 days. For some it’s the ending of a beautiful romance filled with hot sandy days at the beach and long nights wrapped in your lover’s arms. Others, however, will try and go the extra mile and make their long-distance tryst into something more.
So here is the question; can long distance relationships really work?
I’m always amazed at the few people I know who tend to make things work. Personally I need a little face to face time with my beau. There is always so much to account for when distance is an issue:
- Communication Breakdowns (Thanks to technology this has become easier to handle)
- Future Unseen (If you aren’t moving in the same direction even if you have separate paths… you clearly aren’t going to be meeting at the same train station)
- Trust (Relationships end everyday due to trust issues whether it’s perceived or real. Any healthy partnership requires devotion, ethical grounding, and a moral compass)
- Return vs. Time (Are you getting a return on the time you’re putting in calling, e-mailing, texting, and traveling to make things work?)
- Expectations (What you want, what they want, what we want as a couple…. Be on the same page)
There is nothing in life that doesn’t require work. This always includes going the extra mile for a relationship that you feel is worth it. If just the thought of the few things I mentioned here is enough to send you running for the hills…… Maybe you should ask yourself what in life is worth your hard work and dedication?