2013 was the year I found apart of myself. I found love, laughter, happiness, and heartbreak, all in 365 days. According to Facebook I’ve only had 20 great moments worth remembering. I thought I would share what these moments were.
- I had silly adventures finding organic lady apples, hanging out with a guy and his bird, and walking up Bay Shore.
- Celebrated my mother turning another year wiser.
- My bestie didn’t want to be a ride or die chick, instead she wanted to be a go to work and call you later chick 😉
- In mid-February I displayed random positive thoughts out into the universe
- Late March Lauren C came home and we partied like adults and not college girls at MacDinton’s Irish Pub…lol
- Early April Lisa and I took on the Pilipino Festival. Tired some traditional food, watched some beautiful performances, and bought a few keepsakes.
- Spent some time with my face man (Little Reggie)
- Attending my pre-graduation event.
- And in May although I had already received my AA Diploma, I still walked the stage.
- Thanks Family and Friends for their support
- Got final grades in, which were all B’s
- Attending Lauren E’s graduation and met the family.
- In June I started interning at Creative Loafing.
- I celebrated turning 28 with friends, drinks, a new tattoo, and brunch… I also fell in love
- Went on a tour of The Ledger Media Group.
- Made the Cover of Creative Loafing
- In October I became a part of the walking dead and attacked my mother.
- Had my heartbroken and spent 2-3 weeks being very EMO
- Finally saw the Chocolate Nutcracker, now known at The Nutcracker Twist
- And Christmas Eve got a quick class on making a ring, attending a festive Holiday Party, and attending Art After Dark.
At the end of each year many of us seem to reflect on what was and what to do next. I, like many others do the same thing. I try hard not to focus on the friendships that were lost, the heartbreak that was felt and the nights of sleep I missed due to stressing over things I have no control over whatsoever. Life is an ever growing and changing internal process. All we can do is strive to do and be better. Fight for the dreams we have and prove to ourselves that we are worth more than what we may think. Stop allowing others to treat you like you are dispensable, YOU AREN’T. Value you, the person you are and align yourself with positive people who are doing positive things.
So what did I take from this year? Mostly that I have a great inner circle of friends. That the things or people we want aren’t always what we need. As I end this chapter on 2013’s 365-days I resolve to take things day by day, to not allow the little things get under my skin, and to release the negative things and people as so that I don’t carry that into the following year.
Happy New Year’s All.